6 Skincare Tips For Men
If you're getting up in the morning, washing your face with bar soap and water and running out the door, then it's time to step up your skincare game. We aren't suggesting that you fill up your bathroom cabinet with hard-to-pronounce cleansers and creams you probably won't use. But we do recommend committing to memory and practicing these six skincare tips that will make others do a double-take. But seriously, don't let these steps intimidate you... they're only fine-tuning what you already do.
1. Wash your face with a good cleanser. Be careful of taking super hot showers and using harsh soaps or face scrubs. This makes your skin dry and when your skin is dry you appear wrinkly and much older.
It is important to have a gentle cleanser that will cleanse the skin from the dirt and oil that can accumulate. Lumi's Gentle Cleanser is recommended
2. Stop buying cheap razors. With some men shaving five times a week investing in a quality razor can be a lifetime item, so choose your weapon wisely. A too-close shave does more than just nick the skin. Continued trauma caused by cutting the skin can cause skin breakage over time. Invest in a quality razor and go with, not against, the grain of hair using gentle strokes. Choose a razor that fits your skin sensitivity and beard coarseness, your face will thank you.
3. Make after-shave your new best friend. After-shave hydrates and soothes the skin; it also seals in the skin after a nice shave. Your after-shave should be alcohol-free because alcohol dries your skin.
4. Don't skip the facial moisturizer. Facial hair is great, but make sure what skin is exposed doesn't feel like sandpaper. Moisturizing daily with Lumi's Moisture + will give you soft, hydrated skin.
5. Never leave home without applying sunscreen. If you can find a moisturizer that contains SPF of 30 or higher, then you're on the way to stopping those pesky wrinkles. Make sure you have a spare sunscreen in the car or desk drawer as reapplication is necessary.
6. Quit smoking. Smoking impairs blood flow to skin, and causes wrinkles, sagging skin and an unhealthy yellowish hue. The good news? Once you quit, the repairing process begins’ which may help reverse the damage that’s already done, depending on its severity.
Call 52217676 for a free Skin Journey consultation or to save time book online.