Anti-Aging Tips Geelong
Posted on March 31 2016
Reduce Sun Damage.... #skinbykarenstrachan™
Best ways to repair sun-damage?
- Sunscreen - Start using a good quality broad spectrum sunscreen every day to allow the skin to start repairing itself..it prevents pigmentation, burst capillaries and uneven skin tone, it will prevent large pores and saggy skin by preventing the breakdown of collagen from sun exposure. .Our favourite at Luminosity is Actinica SPF 50+. It has a lovely matt finish which sits under foundation really well.
- Frac 3 Laser Therapy - safe for all skin types and is clinically proven to stimulate collagen, promote healing and hydration and gives the skin an incredible lustre without downtime.
- Eye Serum - I believe we should start with an eye cream as early as 20. The skin around the eyes is much finer and has less oil glands so we need a specific eye treatment to keep this skin supple and moist so as to prevent fine lines and crepiness, Lumi's am pm eye serum is the ideal product for this.
- Exfoliate the skin - How often should you exfoliate your skin? It really depends on your skin type and specific conditions. I would say usually two to three times per week with an Dr Natasha Cook Clarifier and also recommend using the exfoliating Lumi cleanser twice daily as well. This cleanser has an AHA such as lactic acid to chemically exfoliate the skin and promote hydration.
- Anti-oxidant serum - Lumi CoQ10 - layered under your sunscreen during the day. Use a Retinol / Vitamin A serum at night to stimulate collagen production and refine the texture of your skin.